Wednesday 29 June 2011

WIP Wednesday - Return to blog land!




Hello you wonderful people you!  Wow it feels like ages since I wrote on here although it has only been just over a week... my lovely laptop is currently poorly as some horrible individual gave it a virus ~sigh~ and in order to blog I am using my husbands netbook which is much slower and with smaller keys which I am finding it very hard to adapt to and it makes being online not as exciting and as comfortable as usual :(

Anyway seeming as I have been missing you all so much ;) I thought I would brave the netbook.

Work in progress phew.... just a few!  I have been putting in much more time to the crochet Lucy bag... to such an extent it may be finished for friday! and it is much bigger than I had expected it to be! I love it, it is wonderful!


As you can see it really only needs handles and flowers now!  YAY!


And I have finally got round to doing a bit of spinning, I had to really as next week "tour de fleece" will begin and I need to have as many bobbins free as possible!  Oh how excited I am about "tour de fleece" watch this space, as I will be blogging further about it soon!

so here is my WIP spinning which is STILL the lovely northern lights by my heart exposed yarns (there are some gorgeous fibres in the shop at the minute)


 And this yarn should also be a finished yarn by Friday or maybe the following Friday as I always underestimate the time taken to ply my yarns and set the twist :)

is that it?  ermmmmm nope, remember my "age of brass and steam shawlette"?  well I had to frog it ~sigh~ as I got distracted but it is now back as a work in progress.... and here it is!
And this is a lovely knit.... not so easy as to be really boring but not too difficult so I can't pick it up and put it down easily.  Oh and the camel silk?  it is knitting up so beautifully, it feels amazing, so lovely!  I'm so pleased with how the shawl is feeling, I just can't stop squishing it ~lol~

Anyway... I'm off to go and spin some more and hopefully peruse the other WIP Wednesdays which have been shared over at Tami's go and take a look, I'm sure you will not be disapointed :)

T x

2 comments:

  1. Love the Lucy bag and can't wait to see what you add to it as far as flowers/handles! The yarn you're spinning is BEAUTIFUL. Be sure to share it with us when you've finished spinning/plying it. And YAY for The Age of Brass and Steam! I finished mine today. I love the pattern. You're right that it is easy to make but not boring. I cranked mine out in 8 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving everything you posted here, especially the color of your handspun!

    ReplyDelete