Friday 15 April 2011

So where did the day go?

I wish I could sometimes just pause my day.... maybe not at the "perfect" moments, the moments where everyone is getting along so well, the times when the children are kind and considerate to each other but the times when they are arguing and shouting and generally being awful...
 I wish I could pause it, and look closer to appreciate it.  To remember they are little so short a time that even these moments should be loved and savoured rather than what I tend to do and join in the argument and try to even the playing field sometimes for the little ones...
I should watch them and delight in the expressions, even of sulleness, remembering soon they will be grown and not here to notice how C's nose crinkles when he is pouting, or how B's defiant glare makes her look even more fiery and determined than ever, the way J's lip juts out is so cute if it was not for the tone of his voice which follows it and how G mimics all around him, enjoying the sounds, the actions and rhythm of the house I can only try to....
Oh for a pause button so I can collect my thoughts.  Oh for a pause button so I can take that breath and breathe them all in in this precious too short of a time that is their childhood....

1 comment: